Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Tenses

Having conversed with Paula and taking a look at other blogs, the confusion of which tense to write our chapters in is a bit clearer.

Referencing the handbook,

Chapter 3- Describe your choice of research and why.
Consider your role as worker researcher
Critically discuss the techniques used.
How did you deal with ethical issues?
Reference research texts.
Paula continued to tell me that this is the WHAT WE DID AND WHY whilst choosing our methodologies.

Chapter 4- What did you do?
Why?
What did it achieve?
What helped/hindered?
How did you design the research method?
What did the pilot study reveal?
Reference research texts.
I have understood this as the WHAT WE DID , WHY AND HOW DID IT GO of actually obtaining our research.

Both chapters are in the Past tense as we are writing up our project.

Literally just writing up this blog, has categorized my understanding of what I am writing about and also whilst writing up Chapter 3's draft I will keep looking back at this so I do not confuse the two chapters.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this rosina, I was a bit confused. I will have to go though my chapter 3 and reword bits.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete