Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Athens Log in answers!

Right ok so Athens is causing problems for us all and i have finally gained access.

At the campus session Paula asked me to post this, so i have attached the steps i took to get onto the online journals.

1. the USERNAME you must enter is not your student number as for Oas!s and MISIS websites. this username is our university username which is meant to be on our Middlesex Student uni cards which we never got so to get this username
a) log on to MISIS
b)click personal information tab
c) click on personal email addresses, here there should be two email addresses the first part of the MIDDLESEX UNIVERSITY EMAIL is your username for athens, and also the mdx uni computers.

2. the PASSWORD that must be entered for athens is also another password we have never recieved. to gain access to this TEXT ' Help, athens, (your name) and (your student number)' to 07624804635 this is the library staff and they will forward you your password.


3. Enter both USERNAME and PASSWORD....and ****Baam!*** your logged into athens!

Hope this helps!

3 comments:

  1. Hello I have got this far, and am still having problems!! :( I get to the 1st page where you pick what places you want to look. There is one for performing arts, then I type in keywords and it hunts for journals. When it has found them I still find I can not view the entire journal! Are you able to do this?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou this was sooooooo helpful.

    Danielle with electronic journals often you can view the entire journal online. Some institutions only have the rights to publish parts of the journal. When we were doing our academic pieces of writng I managed to convince my boyfriend to let me use his universities online books/ journals as I couldn't get Athens to work and a lot of these only had partial parts online and some didnt have any parts online at all despite them being on the list of online books. Another problem to add to the list of things that we have to contend with in order to complete this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry that is meant to read 'can't view the entire journal online'

    ReplyDelete