Looking back over this module I have learnt that being a worker researcher is a benefit towards research and not, how I had first imagined, a hindrance. At the beginning of this module I had not realised all the advantages and disadvantages of numerous research methodologies and now I understand how each one contributes to a different layer of understanding within the research. I now aim to produce a document which is suitable for the next module and can also help young dancers get the most out of their training in order to reach their passion. I was very lucky as a child to come from a family that understood the needs to practice dancing every night of the week and how music lessons were valid within a school timetable but not each child who dreams of becoming a performer is so lucky and within my project I hope to build a greater understanding of what is vital to become a successful performer in theatre.
Reflecting over my learning diary entries and blog entries I can see a quite a meandered path has been formed, reading Bell's book has proved that this misconstructed pathway to a final proposal is a correct way to practise building a project outline. Taking an idea, going back to it and changing it (not discarding it), leaving it to one side, going back to it and then developing it is a way that research evolves from an idea to a project. Within all these stages I tested the feasibility, importance and overall outcome of my suggested research questions.
Unable to make almost all the campus sessions , blogs posted by Rosemary with the slideshows from the lectures and other students interpretations of the information explained have been a crucial learning tool for me in this module. Sometimes personal opinions of information from people that have had the same background as me have explained subject matters within this module in a easier and 'bitesize' way than that of the suggested books and also the university lecturers.
Taking a step back from my proposal I do feel that i would have benefited from more feedback from my advisor, my questions were loosely answered (a way that I am not used to but as a university student should be) and because of this I found most of this module a guessing game piecing each part of the portfolio together once I understood what I was meant to be doing loosely. Having finished in plenty of time before the deadline aiming to receive feedback before jetting off to USA (which now has been postponed nearer the deadline due to the volcano!) I had hoped to be first on the list to receive feedback. Hopefully what i have produced is not so far away from what is necessary to complete this module successfully.
I have enjoyed exploring the areas of research, not what I had expected to be doing in this module, but in contrast to all other areas of my professional life this has been an interesting venture. Looking into the future now and preparing myself for the 'dissertation' is scary but exciting too!
No comments:
Post a Comment