Saturday, 6 February 2010

HELP!

i really dont understand the next module and howeve much i read it it gets more and more confusing, if someone in simple words could give me an outline it would be greatly appricieated.

5 comments:

  1. I am the same! I have re and re-read the handbook which is a nightmare in itself as it doesn't use language that I find particularly helpful!
    I am so pleased that you have posted this! I am hoping that the campus session on the 16th Feb makes everything slot into place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant make that first session :s will you fill me in on whats said! the handbooks more like buisness studies i swear and to be honest whilst plie and tendu-ing my life away i didnt learn anthing to do with data!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosina

    We know the Handbook is a bit of a manual -that is - a lot of information and rather dense in places. It is a basic MDX iWBL Handbook that we are looking into simplifying for the future...

    However, basically this module is about thinking and planning in the styles of writing you did for 3002. It is about deciding what topic your want to choose for a project and learning some research methods along the way. It is about learning how to deal with people ethically in the workplace and choosing the title for your degree. It is about searching literature (taking the stuff you did in 3002 further) and locating good sources of data - that is people places and things that can tell you something about the topic you have chosen. Instead of being given a topic - you choose from your own interests and workplace - so you 'study' an aspect of your work that makes sense to you and your career (professional practice).

    I came from fine art - a visually based subject area - but this stuff is actually quite useful in the real world along with your other knowledge from previous learning and your work. Also the learning log this time can be audio-visual for those who prefer it, this is a way of learning how to go about the project work.

    I hope that explanation is helpful... I would be happy to continue the discussion... actually I will put this comment on my Blog for others who might be on their own wondering.

    Plus - keep visiting mine and others blogs - Rosemary has been putting stuff up - her Blog site can be accessed from mine... Also the first Campus-session 16th Feb and more stuff coming about the module. Have you bought the Bell book yet to read?

    Cheers

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula thanks for the information, all beginning to make a bit more sense now, i have bought the book and started reading it and also keeping close to googlereader (loving the new application for it on the iphone ) so keeping up with blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Paula for the information, it has made the module a bit clearer. I was also wondering if anyone else has had a problem finding the discussion board on OAS!S plus as outlined in the handbook. Any help with how to find it would be greatly appreciated as I have some keywords that I wish to add.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete