Module 3835
29.01.2010 (Module Handbook Received and first read through.)
Whilst first reading the module handbook much of the language and vocabulary used confused me and un-motivated to continue. However I ordered the suggested reading book.
06.02.2010 (‘Doing your research project’ J.Bell arrived.
Re-read module handbook and contacted advisor)
Re-reading the handbook I created ideas in my head which changed continuously after reading each section of the book, the beginning parts of the development process of my Research project. Having now grasped the basic concept of this module I continued to ask Peter Bryant some selected questions that were still baffling me.
-what time is available, when is this project actually being done?
-when is this presentation?
-what is my credit rated learning?
-does this module require financial input?
-what is the handbook 'reflecting on learning' and where can i get it from?
My first thoughts at creating a hypothesis…
'Does teaching children from a young age different styles and the layers of being successful in theatre aid their development and success or does it portray an environment unreachable so the teaching should be kept at vocational colleges'
12.02.2010 (Read chapters 1+2 of
‘Doing your research project’ J.Bell Read the first two chapters of the suggested reading and understand the importance of searching literature to back findings and also develop research.)
This has got me thinking about subjects in my work field which will have literature already written about them and the sources of which I will find it.
-which subject matters could I look into within my workfield?
See activity 3.
-How much literature is there on my specific workfield?
-Am I able to find any of this literature?
My next step within my project ideas is too search for some literature on my short list of topics before choosing to focus on one specific idea.
15.02.2010 (Continued Reading Bell book, Brainstormed Ideas.)
I began to brainstorm ideas trying my hardest to select different extremities of what I am interested in and what links to my work field however once I had filled an A4 page with scribbles I noticed that a substantial amount of research topics I had considered linked together. Looking at them in perspective the teaching dance side of me and the development of a child (who wants to perform) I want to focus on the education part of my life rather than performance. In the long run whether I want to admit it or not(having come from a family of dance teacher and defiantly trying to be independent!!)Teaching dance to children will be a substantial part of my life and I am very interested in how and why children are inspired to dance and their misconceptions of Theatre industry. There are also hobbies that I wish I had engaged in as children now knowing how much they were to improve my chances of success and I am interested to understand the motivation of the colloquial ‘pushy parent’ syndrome and if this really is the key to success. I continued to read through the Bell book, reaching ethical issues.
-what are ethical issues surrounding interviewing minors? (children
17.02.2010 (Read Blogs and began to create my learning journal 1 section to paste onto my blog. Also began to answer Peters main starter questions and searched both google scholar and library database for literature surrounding my ideas )
Looking onto google reader I was able to look at Paula and Peters blogs with information on from yesterday they also redirected me to Rosemarys Blog where I watched the slideshow from the campus session. I was glad to see that what I had began doing with brainstorming was also what they had talked about however I had missed out the link between this module and the previous module’s importance and as Michelle Wallbanks mentioned in her Blog about the relection and analysis that we did on our workplace I was pleased to see that even without conscious thought I had began reflecting and improving on tasks that I undertake and now realise how important this is in this module. Reading back through this learning diary I notice I have already reflected on initial ideas and tweaked them to improve them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rosina interesting blog. Yes, I think taking thought through several versions or drafts often allows for the natural process of clarification and inserting insights. On the other hand, capturing thoughts as they occur is also good, because life i so busy and perceptions change over time. Note I have updated my blog with a slideshow. Paula
ReplyDeleteyou're questions to Peter sound very applicable and intelligent to what we should know now for forward planning. I'd be interested to know his answers especially the financial, the presentation and the handbook "reflecting on learning" i've looked through my hand books and can't locate it, cue panic
ReplyDelete