Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Log 1- Commentary using Delicious

At first, when looking at the handbook, I had never heard of Delicious and being wary of more internet programs that I doubted my skills in using, I left it to one side.
Logging on to Social Bookmarking site Delicious however deemed easy and one of the most important factors in my literature review search for my Research Project. The invaluable asset of this utility is the ability to see other sources tagged 'electronically' by my peers on my course and also other individuals who are interested in sources that I am.
Once searching for literature I came across problems finding specific literature regarding my subject, on Delicious I found it easier to sort through sources which had already been tagged by other people. This eradicated a lot of the time wasted reading full articles which had no subjects tagged by electronically sorting sources into categories. Some of the categories that I used within my Delicious social bookmarks were Dance, Young Performers, Child Development, Versatility and Growth developement, finding articles from other people who had tagged some of these allowed me to find other connected sources which helped my investigation.
Delicious also has a private messaging component which enabled close peers within my course group who knew each others project content, to directly forward articles to each other that we had come across that might help our projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment