Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Log 2 - Working Collaboratively with Google Documents

Originally back in September the thought of sharing my Degree work just made me think that all the hard work that we individually put into our work was online allowed to be looked at and edited by course peers (although having been to a few campus sessions) who still were complete strangers. I was unaware of the privileges that I could set for certain individuals to see my work and discuss changes privately.
A blog comment from Peter when I first expressed my concern described the community of practice that Google Documents was enabling us to participate in as Distance Work Based Learning students.
Taking Peters comments into account and deciding to share my work with only three selected course members and my advisor allowed me to experience advantages to google documents. Reading through other work that had been shared with me, I realised how nothing can be right or wrong within this project, and commenting on others work using the 'highlight and coloured font' tools just allowed me to make critical comments on others work making suggestions. The suggestions that I received on my work enabled me to see other peoples points of views on my work and critically examine both sides of my arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment